Tips For Elevator Safety
- Always stand near the control panel.
- If you suspect trouble or are attacked, push the alarm button and as many floor buttons as possible so that the elevator will halt quickly, probably at the next floor.
- Respond to instinct, intuition or gut reactions. Don't get on an elevator with someone who makes you feel uneasy.
- If other passengers get off, leaving you with a person(s) who make you feel uneasy, get off with other passengers and wait for the next elevator.
- Allow other passengers to push the buttons for their floors first.