Tips For Safety In Your Vehicle
- Keep your car in good working order and the gas tank at least half full.
- Park in well lighted areas.
- Have your car keys in your hand and check the back seat area before entering your car. Notice under the car as you walk up to it.
- If you think you are being followed, drive to a public place or to an open police or fire station.
- Lock your car door immediately after entering the car.
- If your car is being repaired, leave only your car keys with the repair shop.
- When approaching your car look all around the area. If you see anything suspicious, keep going and call the police.
- If you car breaks down, turn on your flashers, open the hood and wait inside the car with your doors locked. If someone stops, stay in your car, roll down your window slightly and ask them to call the police, a garage or a tow service for you.