Windcrest Animal Control Task Force/TxWeACT
OH, NO, MY DOG IS MISSING!!!!!!
Now what do I do? Here are the steps that you can follow here in Windcrest.
- Call Police Dispatch at 655-2666 and let them know your dog is loose. Give a good description of your dog and if possible, provide a photo. That way dispatch can let the animal control officer know exactly what kind of dog he is looking for. The Windcrest police officers will also keep an eye open for your dog.
- If you want your neighbors to know about your missing dog, you can go to City Hall and get a free permit allowing you to put out 6 stand alone signs for two weeks letting everyone know you are looking for your dog. You can get another two week extension if needed.
- You can even put your dog’s photo up at the entrance to the City Hall Post Office in the enclosed bulletin boards. The TxWeACT will be glad to post those photos on their Facebook page and our new website.
- A dog can travel as far as seven miles while loose so call all the local cities around us to see if they have picked up your dog or at least seen it.
- Look for your dog on Petfinder, Adopt-a-Pet, Animal Defense League, San Antonio Animal Care Services, and the Humane Society websites or even Craig’s List.